Queen's Baton Relay coming to Ararat - call for nominations
Wednesday 05 April 2017, 4:53 PM
Ararat has been lucky enough to be announced as one of 83 Celebration Communities for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Queen's Baton Relay.
The relay will pass through Ararat from 4pm on 13 February 2018, finishing with a community event at Alexandra Oval from approximately 5pm.
This event provides the opportunity to celebrate the extraordinary and dedicated people within our communities by nominating them to be a Batonbearer.
Nominations are now open at gc2018/qbr and close 15 May 2017.
GC2018 are looking for people who:
• Have achieved something extraordinary or inspired others to achieve something extraordinary; or
• Have made a significant contribution to either sport, education, the arts, culture, charity or within their community; or
• Have excelled, or aspire to excel athletically or personally; or
• Contribute to a fun, friendly, vibrant and inclusive community;
• Are at least 10 years old as at 25 December 2017; and
• Are an Australian citizen or lawfully entitled to reside in Australia during the Relay period (25 December 2017 – 4 April 2018).
Nominations are open to everyone, and those selected will be given the opportunity to carry the baton at the closest celebration community. As the most western town on the tour, Ararat would like to give all the surrounding communities the opportunity to get involved and celebrate the fantastic people we have in our regions!