Registered Premises


If you are opening, purchasing or selling a food premises or if you plan to serve food as part of your accommodation premises there are a number of permits you need to apply for before you can open your premises.

Food Premises Fees

Food Premises  Registration  Renewal Transfer
Class 1  $        525.00  $        350.00  $        175.00
Class 2 - Supermarkets  $        570.00  $        380.00  $        190.00
Class 2 - Other  $        450.00  $        300.00  $        150.00
Class 3  $        330.00  $        220.00  $        110.00
Class 4  $                -    $                -    $                -  
Community Groups  $        172.50  $        115.00  $          57.50

The Environmental Health Department at Council can assist you with setting up a food premises within the municipality. For additional information please contact the Council office on 5349 1100.

Please note permits may also be required from the Planning and Building departments. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all appropriate permits have been sought.

If you are planning to operate a temporary food premises such as a community fundraiser, sausage sizzle or cake stall you need to apply for a temporary food premises registration/permit:


If you are opening, buying or selling an accommodation business including a bed and breakfast, motel or boarding house you need to register with Council. Depending on whether you are establishing a new business, or buying or transferring an existing business you will need to apply for permits using the appropriate forms.

Public Health & Wellbeing Act  Registration  Renewal Transfer
Prescribed Accommodation  $        307.50  $        205.00  $        102.50
Accommodation Premises with Food Registration as well  $          82.00


Health businesses include hairdressing, beauty parlours, tattooing, ear-piercing and colonic irrigation. These businesses, and any others involving penetration of the skin, must be registered with Council.
If you are opening, buying or selling a health premises you will require some of the following permits.
Permits that may be required include:

Public Health & Wellbeing Act  Registration  Renewal Transfer
Hairdressers/Tattooists/Ear-Piercing  $        307.50  $        205.00  $        102.50

Depending on the type of business and the changes you may be making you may also need to contact Council's Building and Planning Departments to obtain other relevant permits.

We acknowledge the people past and present of the Wadawurrung, Dja Dja Wurrung, and Djab Wurrung tribes, whose land forms the Pyrenees Shire. We pay our respect to the customs, traditions and stewardship of the land by the elders and people of these tribes.

Page last updated: 10:42 AM, 20 December 2017
Disclaimer & Copyright  |  Accessibility  |  Privacy  |  Contact Us  |  Find Us  |  Subscribe