Council is attempting to reduce fire hazards within the municipality through the Municipal Fire Prevention Committee. Property owners are required to clean their land to reduce fire hazards at all times.
Prior to and during the fire season, the Municipal Fire Prevention Officer (MFPO) inspects properties to ensure fire hazards are removed. Failure to reduce or clear fire hazards may lead to fire hazard orders being issued. Non-compliance may lead to penalties being imposed
For further information contact our MFPO on (03) 5349 1100.
You can help protect your property by:
- Clearing leaves and twigs from roof gutters
- Use watercourses and other natural features as firebreaks
- Isolating potential fire sources such as incinerators and rubbish pits
- Assessing your water supply and storage in terms of quantity and availability for fire fighting.
The Contractors listed below have indicated to Council that they are capable of carrying out the required fire hazard removal works within the Pyrenees Shire.
Inclusion on this list does not mean that a contractor is recommended by Council or that the quality of work is guaranteed.
You may elect to:
- Do the required work yourself
- engage a contractor of your choice; or
- select one of the contractors named below:
- Ross – phone: 0407 847 497
- Greg – phone: 0427 321 246
- Mark – phone: 0475 068 568
- Duane – phone: 0439 995 701
- Bob – phone: 0419 323 621
- Warwick – phone: 0408 508 303
- Kim – phone: 0405 905 530