Permits to Burn
Council encourages landowners to apply for a Schedule 13 Permit to Burn with this form, Permit to Burn (PDF, 546KB), and lodge with our MFPO. Conditions for Schedule 13 Permits to Burn this year (2017) are the following:
- Burns will need a THREE METRE earth break, which has been mechanically turned. It is preferred for burns to have a FIVE METRE break. The MFPO will inspect breaks prior to issuing permits.
- One stage to permits - Council will now issue open-ended permits as there are no longer stages to permits.
- No time limit - 28 day period has been removed.
- The requirements on a burn - THREE fire fighting units with a total capacity of 3600 litres and a minimum of FOUR adults in attendance.
- Starting time is 2pm during daylight saving time, 1pm during eastern standard time.
Please only submit ONE property per permit form to ensure a timely response to your application as this reduces the administration burden.
The Municipal Fire Prevention Officer will only issue these permits from March 14, 2017.