Avoca & Beaufort Hard Rubbish Collection
Published on 08 April 2021
Pyrenees Shire Council has arranged a hard rubbish collection for the townships of Beaufort and Avoca. The dates of the collections are:
Beaufort – Saturday, 15th May 2021
Avoca – Saturday, 22nd May 2021
Please note the following:
- Materials for collection must not be placed on your nature strip more than two days before the collection date.
- No material must block footpaths, everything must be on the nature strip.
- All materials must be placed onto the nature strip before 7am on the collection day. Anything placed out late will not be collected.
It is very important residents take note of what will, and what will not be collected.
What will be collected
What will NOT be collected
- Small car parts, lawn mowers, small engines & tools
- Roofing iron. Up to 1.2 m in length
- Household furniture & china
- Timber, no longer than 1.2m in length
- Mirrors/windows must be securely wrapped in cardboard, clearly marked “glass”
- Small sections of carpet
- White goods and e-waste (e-waste is any item a plug, battery or cord that is no longer working or wanted)
- Mattresses or mattress bases
- Waste from industrial premises
- Materials from renovations, building sites or fencing
- Car bodies and large parts
- Recyclables, eg: bottles, paper
- Rubble, concrete, bricks, soil
You can find more information about how to dispose of e-waste here, chemicals here, and other waste that needs to go to Transfer Stations here.
Note: Avoca and Beaufort have hard rubbish collection due to the loss of hard waste/green waste vouchers when green waste bins were introduced. The hard waste collection will be considered by Council as part our new waste strategy.