Roadworks in the Pyrenees Shire
Published on 03 September 2019
Please obey all traffic signs, road detours and the directions of traffic controllers and take extra care if you are travelling in these locations:
• Bridge 91 on the Landsborough-Elmhurst Road, just south of Glenlofty-Warrenmang Road is being replaced. Contractor Butler Excavations is installing major culverts and guardrail. This project has been delayed because of an issue with a supply of the components. Council is unable to provide an expected completion date as yet.
• Eurambeen-Streatham Road will be closed from September 16 to 19 between the Western Freeway and Toppers Lane. Stockyard Hill Wind Farm Contractors will be trenching under the road for power cables. Diversions will be in place.
• Council is continuing to work with Ararat Rural City on the replacement of the twin bridges (93 & 94) over the Wimmera River on the Landsborough-Elmhurst Road.
• The main air conditioning units at the resource centres in Beaufort and Avoca will be replaced in September.
• Modus Australia has been engaged to provide Council with a new skillion style roof toilet structure in Amphitheatre with male & female ambulant toilets plus a unisex disabled toilet. Construction dates have not been finalised.