Roadworks in the Pyrenees Shire
Published on 12 May 2020
Please obey all traffic signs, road detours and the directions of traffic controllers and take extra care if you are travelling in these locations:
• Upgrade work is planned for Neill Street car parking bays between Lawrence Street and Livingstone Street, which will be carried out at night. Council has engaged contractor Boral Asphalt to complete the reconstruction of the asphalt surface on both sides of the road. This work will commence from 6pm and will continue to 3am at the latest on either Sunday May 17 or Sunday May 24. The two different dates are to allow for rain interruptions. Please ensure cars are not parked on the section of Neill Street during the planned timeframe.
• Eurambeen-Streatham Road bridgeworks are underway. The bridge is being replaced one kilometre south of the Geelong Road; a detour will be put in place on the Geelong Road, Mawallock Road and Meadows Lane. The detour will add 3.5 kilometres travel distance and an additional 15 minutes as the speed limit will be 60kmh. All heavy vehicles are requested to seek an alternate route via Skipton Road, between Beaufort and Skipton, to reduce impact on the local road infrastructure.
• Raglan-Elmhurst Road reconstruction works have been completed and the road has been sealed. The road will remain under speed restriction until line marking and guard rail installation is completed.
• Internal works underway to renovate the former Avoca shire office building are progressing well.
• A section of Snake Valley-Chepstowe Road is undergoing reconstruction, the road is under speed restrictions while work is carried out.
For further information on any of these works please contact Council’s Project Management Team on 1300 797 363.