Roadworks in the Pyrenees Shire
Published on 19 February 2020
Please obey all traffic signs, road detours and the directions of traffic controllers and take extra care if you are travelling in these locations:
- Reconstruction of Eurambeen-Streatham Road is nearing completion. The road is under speed restrictions during this time.
- The Lexton-Ararat Road is under a speed restriction of 60kmh while clean up works are undertaken following the Lexton-Ben Major fire.
- Road reconstruction works have commenced on Raglan Elmhurst Road. The road is under a speed restriction of 40kmh during these works.
- Road reconstruction works have commenced on Langi Kal Kal Road. The road is under a speed restriction of 40kmh during these works.
- Bridgeworks will commence at the end of March on the Eurambeen-Streatham Road one kilometre south of the Geelong Road; a detour will be put in place on the Geelong Road, Mawallock Road and Meadows Lane. The detour will add 3.5 kilometers travel distance.
- Contractors have been engaged to install rooftop solar panels and other sustainability measures at numerous Council buildings across the shire. Works are underway and will continue for coming days.
- Internal works are underway to renovate the former Avoca shire office building.
- Construction of the car park at the Avoca rail station has commenced and will occur over coming weeks. The carpark is closed during these works, however the building is still available for access by the public.
For further information on any of these works please contact Council’s Project Management Team on 1300 797 363.