Roadworks in the Pyrenees Shire
Published on 02 July 2019
Please obey all traffic signs, road detours and the directions of traffic controllers and take extra care if you are travelling in these locations:
• Bridge 91 on the Landsborough-Elmhurst Road, just south of Glenlofty-Warrenmang Road will be replaced. Contractor Butler Excavations have demolished the existing structure and will start installing major culverts and guardrail. The Landsborough-Elmhurst Road will be closed for 8 weeks with detours in place.
• Reconstruction of 1.5km of Raglan Elmhurst Road is completed; line-marking still to come.
• Reconstruction of 1.8km of road of Moonambel Natte Yallock Road completed, line-marking still to come.
• Reconstruction of 2km of Eurambeen-Streatham Road is completed, with line-marking still to come.
• Bridge 13 on the Beaufort-Carngham Road is currently being replaced and the road is closed west of the Carngham-Trawalla Road. Contractor Jarvis Norwood is expected to complete the work in another 2 weeks.
• Mt William Road is closed east of the Eurambeen-Streatham Road for a major culvert replacement and guardrail installation. Contractor Butler Excavations is expected to complete the work next week.
• Contractors are working on the removal of pine trees on Langi Kal Kal Road from the rail crossing to the entrance of the prison. The road will be under traffic control. Works will be completed by the end of July.
• Council is continuing to work with Ararat Rural City on the replacement of the twin bridges (93 & 94) over the Wimmera River on the Landsborough-Elmhurst Road. Tenders have been evaluated and an announcement by ARCC is expected shortly.
• Modus Australia has been engaged to provide Council with a new skillion style roof toilet structure in Amphitheatre with male & female ambulant toilets plus a unisex disabled toilet. Construction dates have not been finalised.