Shaping the Pyrenees
Published on 15 March 2021
In the first half of 2021, Pyrenees Shire Council will be working with its community to establish three important strategic documents: our Community Vision, Council Plan and Financial Plan.
The following is a brief overview of what each plan entails:
- Community Vision The Community Vision plan will describe the aspirations for the Pyrenees Shire community for the next ten years up until 2031. It will lay out what the Shire region will be like for residents and visitors. The vision will identify the priorities for achieving these aspirations.
- Council Plan The Council Plan, which covers the next four years, is closely related to the Community Vision, and will set goals and measures for how to achieve the vision.
- Financial Plan The Financial Plan articulates what services and initiatives will be developed and implemented over the next ten years by Council to work towards achieving the objectives set out in the Council Plan.
These three plans will guide the ways in which Council plans and delivers services that affect every person who lives, visits, plays or works in the Pyrenees Shire Council. This includes how Council manages things like:
- Services From community care to waste collection.
- Infrastructure From roads to sporting facilities.
- Amenity From parks to the look and feel of the Shire’s towns and places.
An essential part of developing these three plan includes getting community feedback.
Deliberative Engagement in the Pyrenees Shire
As part of the consultation process, Victorian councils are required by the Local Government Act 2020 to include a process of 'deliberative engagement'. If you're not familiar with the concept, it involves recruiting a representative sample of the community and giving them the opportunity to consider an issue in detail and work together to develop solutions.
We are now seeking to recruit 30 participants to form a representative community panel that will work through the deliberative engagement process in relation to the Community Vision, Council Plan and Financial Plan between April and June.
You can express an interest in the community panel by filling out this form.
If you would like to learn more about the project, please download our fact sheet (at top of page, right) or contact Community Engagement Officer, Ember Parkin firstname.lastname@example.org