The Pyrenees Shire Council is currently seeking the services of a motivated and energetic individual with the appropriate can-do aptitude for working in an outdoor work team environment.
As part of a team located at the Council's Avoca Depot, the individual will be required to undertake daily activities and operational programs related to sealed roads maintenance. This positions primary activities will include, but not limited to pothole patch, edge break repairs, guidepost maintenance, shoulder re-sheeting and unsealed road pothole patching. Other duties may include general maintenance, street cleaning, drainage maintenance and roadside vegetation maintenance. Adherence to Council’s policies and procedures relative to general field and asset maintenance activity is essential.
The following attributes will be highly regarded and desirable:
- Displayed capacity to operate in a team orientated environment.
- An understanding of staff obligations under OHS regulations.
- Ability to operate medium to heavy range trucks
- Ability to operator a tractor and roller.
- Ability to operate a Front-End Loader
- Ability to carry out general maintenance duties.
- Demonstrated experience in machinery maintenance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Victorian drivers licence preferably with endorsement to heavy rigid standard as a minimum.
Reporting to the Works Officer, the individual will be responsible for (but not restricted to) the safe operation and maintenance of plant, tools and equipment used in a range of activities relevant to various Council functions.
Further information about the position may be obtained by telephoning Phillip Hoare, Manager Works on 1300 797 363.
Interested applicants should obtain a position description outlining the relevant duties and other documentation via the links on this page and/or by contacting Mrs Chantelle Sandlant at email@example.com or on 1300 797 363.
Applicants must provide:
Applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Mrs Chantelle Sandlant, 5 Lawrence Street, Beaufort Vic 3373 by 5pm Thursday 27 January 2022.
The Pyrenees Shire Council is an inclusive and an equal opportunity employer. Pyrenees Shire Council offers a range of flexible work arrangements and people of all abilities and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Chief Executive Officer