Australia Day 2019 - Award Nominations
Nominations for Council's 2019 Australia Day Awards are open.
Do you know someone who has done something extraordinary who you feel needs to be recognised publicly?
Nominate in these categories:
- Pyrenees Young Citizen of the Year
- Pyrenees Citizen of the Year
- Pyrenees Community Event of the Year
Nominations close 5pm Friday 23 November 2018
Winners will be announced on Australia Day, Saturday 26 January 2019
at the Pyrenees Australia Day Ceremony in Moonambel.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Each year Pyrenees Shire Council holds the Pyrenees Australia Day Awards to recognise and honour the high achievements of ordinary individuals and community groups, who do extraordinary things within the Shire.
Members of the community are encouraged to nominate people or community groups that make them proud to be Australian.
In choosing the recipients of the Pyrenees Australia Day Awards, regard is given to the nominee’s achievements in the year immediately prior, as well as their past achievements and ongoing contribution to the Pyrenees community.
An individual need only be nominated once to be considered. The number of nominations received per nominee bears no weight in their selection.
The selection criteria are:
- demonstrated excellence in their field
- significant contribution to the Pyrenees community
- an inspirational role model for the Pyrenees community
The selection panel will also give consideration to the following in assessing and comparing nominations against the above criteria:
- degree of difficulty of the achievement and sacrifices made
- voluntary work beyond paid employment
- demonstrated excellence
- length of activity or service
- achievements as an individual or as part of a group or organisation
- Nominees aged under 27 years on 26 January 2019 will be considered for the Pyrenees Young Citizen of the Year Award.
- Nominees aged 27 and over on 26 January 2019 will be considered for the Pyrenees Citizen of the Year Award.
- Nominees must be Australian Citizens.
- All nominees must either live, work or volunteer in the Shire.
- Awards will not be granted posthumously.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations cannot be accepted by Councillors or politicians.
- Council staff cannot nominate relatives.
- Local Councillors, former Councillors, Council staff, state and federal politicians are not eligible.
- Any nominations received after the close time/date will not be accepted.
- Nominees must have contributed significantly to the community, in any field considered appropriate.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years, by filling out a new nomination form. Previous year's nomination forms will not be accepted.
- The Selection Panel reserves the right to obtain more information about each person/group from whatever source appropriate.
- The decisions shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into on the subject of decisions made.
- All nomination information and material submitted remains the property of the Pyrenees Shire Council.
- In the absence of any nominations from members of the public, the Selection Panel may make its own nominations based on local knowledge and experience.
HOW TO NOMINATE
Completed forms must be received by 5.00pm Friday 23 November 2018.
Download and save this version to your computer, then complete it. When you have finished the form, save it then hit 'submit'. The form will attached to an email which you send.
Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Award(PDF, 2MB)
Community Event of the Year Award(PDF, 1MB)
You can download and print a form and complete it. The form can be lodged at the Beaufort Customer Service Centre, 5 Lawrence Street, Beaufort or Avoca Information Centre, High Street, Avoca; ord
Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Award(PDF, 1MB)
Community Event of the Year Award(PDF, 676KB)
You can download and print a form and complete it. The form can be posted to the Chief Executive Officer, Pyrenees Shire Council, 5 Lawrence Street, Beaufort Vic 3373
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
Winners in each category will be notified in late December 2018. Winners will be required to keep this information confidential. All winners will be invited to attend the Pyrenees Australia Day Awards ceremony on 26 January 2019 to accept their Award.
Please contact Jane Bowker on 1300 797 363 should you have any questions.