Request Inspection of Septic System
The Environmental Health Officer inspects and approves all septic tanks at various stages through the installation process.
- A Site Inspection is required before a Permit to Install can be issued;
- A Progress Inspection is required to during the installation before back-filling so we can see that the Septic tank and the effluent lines are installed correctly;
- A Final Inspection is required when the system is complete.
Please provide at least 3-4 days’ notice to Council’s Environmental Health Officer when planning your installation to ensure a Progress Inspection can be scheduled in whilst the installation is being done before the trenches are backfilled. As part of your Progress Inspection your photographs of the various stages of your installation can also be used by our Environmental Health Officer.
Before booking a final inspection please make sure you have (or your plumber/contractor has supplied you with) the following.
- A copy of the Plumbing Industry Certificate;
- An ‘As Laid’ Site Plan showing the septic system installed;
- The Manufacturer’s commissioning certificate (if a Treatment Plan was installed);
- An electrical certificate (if a Pump Well was installed);
- A signed servicing agreement (if a Treatment Plan was installed).
To Book a Site, Progress or Final Inspection please call 1300 PYRENEES (1300 797 363) or Request an Inspection online by filling out the form below.
Please fill out your details below:
We will try to accommodate your preference for Inspection Dates and Times but please be aware that this may not always be possible.