Why work for Council
Council provides competitive remuneration packages including attractive salaries, hours, employee benefits and training and development opportunities.
- Induction programs
- Formal training and development
- Professional Study Assistance
- Opportunity to act in more senior positions
- Professional Development and networking opportunities
- Individualised Performance Development Plans
- Staff Recognition and Reward program
- All Staff Day
Health and Wellbeing:
- Annual on-site flu vaccination program
- Work-life balance and family friendly working environment/conditions
- Flexible leave and work arrangements, including consideration of job share options
- Paid maternity, adoption and spousal leave
- Prenatal leave
- Flexible return to work options from parental leave
- Employee Assistance program – free counselling and support
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave (ie. 48/52 week annual leave)
- Monthly RDO for full time indoor staff
- Fortnightly RDO for full time outdoor staff
- Active Social Club
The role Pyrenees Shire Council will take to achieve our vision is to:
- provide quality road and built infrastructure for the community,
- work with others to provide services to maintain the wellbeing of the community, and
- operate an efficient, forward looking organisation.
Council has agreed Values that are embedded in the culture of Pyrenees Shire Council:
Service: Our citizens, community and service users are the focus of all our actions.
Accountability: We are responsible for our actions, which are open for review.
Innovation: We encourage and seek new ideas in finding solutions.
Teamwork: We share our skills, knowledge and experience as part of a team and work together towards achieving Council's goals.
Recognition: We promote the achievements and efforts of others.
Safety: We look after our environment and the welfare of others.
Integrity: We are open and honest and work to the best of our ability.
Respect: We acknowledge the opinions of others and their rights and differences.
View Employment Opportunities with Pyrenees Shire Council