Pyrenees Shire Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities to its residents and members of the broader regional community.  Council recognises that from time to time, service delivery may not meet our required standards.

Pyrenees Shire Council welcomes complaints as well as compliments, and will endeavour to use them as an important tool in monitoring and responding to customer expectation to improve services to ratepayers and residents.

In order to assist Pyrenees Shire Council to respond appropriately, all complaints need to be documented and assessed as part of an on-going process. If you would like to lodge a complaint, please refer to the Policy and Form links at the bottom of the page.

If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint has been handled or are still not happy with the decision, you can complain to the Victorian Ombudsman about actions by staff of Pyrenees Shire in relation to matters such as:

  • enforcement of parking, building or planning regulations
  • nuisance control
  • rate and service charges
  • liability claims against Council
  • drainage matters
  • roads, construction, maintenance and closures
  • contracts or agreements with Council
  • building matters
  • planning and subdivisions permits, advertising and zoning.



Lodging a complaint is appropriate if you are dissatisfied with the quality of an action taken, decision made, or service provided by Council or its contractor; or a delay or failure in providing a service, taking action, or making a decision by Council or its contractor.  

PLEASE NOTE: All that requests for maintenance and service are to logged as a Customer Action Request