The objectives of Local Laws are to provide for:
- The peace, order and good government of the municipality
- A safe and healthy environment so that the community within the municipality can enjoy a quality of life that meets its expectations
- The safe and fair use and enjoyment of public places
- The protection and enhancement of the amenity and environment of the municipality
- The fair and reasonable use and enjoyment of private land
- The uniform and fair administration of this Local Law
Certain activities in the Shire are prohibited and some activities require a permit.
A copy of all Pyrenees Shire's Local Laws can be downloaded from the Related Information Links below.
Apply for a Local Law permit