Accommodation Business

If you are opening, buying or selling an accommodation business you need to register with Council.

Prescribed accommodation applies to any residential accommodation, hotels and motels, hostels, student dormitories, rooming houses, holiday camps and most bed and breakfast accommodation.

Council's Environmental Health Officer needs to inspect accommodation premises before you begin trading and conducts follow up inspections to ensure guest health and safety is maintained.

Depending on the type of business and the changes you may be making to the premises you plan to run your Accommodation business from you may also need to contact Council's Building and Planning Departments to obtain other relevant permits.


Apply to Register or Transfer an Accommodation Premises:


When transferring an accommodation premises, an inspection needs to be conducted within two weeks of when you commence trading.  



2023/24 Fees for Prescribed Accommodation
Public Health & Wellbeing Act 2008

 New Registration   

 $ 357.00

 Annual Renewal of Existing Business

  $ 238.00

 Transfer Ownership of Existing Business

  $ 119.00
 Request a Health Inspection and Report
  $ 243.00


If you have an Food Act Registration as well as an Accommodation Premises Council currently offers a reduced annual renewal fee. 

Food Act 1984 / Public Health & Wellbeing Act 2008 Dual Registration Renewal 
Accommodation Premises with Food Registration $ 100.00



Prescribed Accommodation premises require annual inspections before they can be renewed each year.  Registration renewals are due on 31st December each year.