If you are an eligible pensioner and hold a current Pensioner Concession Card or Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card you may be able to claim a rebate from your Council Rates. The State Government provides pensioners with a concession of up to $253.20 against their rates and charges. This is the amount capped for the 2022/23 financial year. This amount is adjusted annually in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI).

Requirements to be eligible:

  • The property must be your sole or principle place of residence
  • Your property address the concession relates to must be the same as the address stated on your pension card
  • You must be the person liable for payment of the rates and charges
  • Your property must be used exclusively for residential purposes.

How to claim a pension concession

Complete an Pension Concession Application and produce your current entitlement card.

If you have previously applied and your circumstances have not changed, the concession will automatically be applied to your rates each year. Please advise Council if your circumstances have changed and you are no longer eligible for a rebate. Holders of health care cards are not eligible for a concession from rates and charges.

Find out more about Eligible Concession Cards from the DHS website.

For assistance please contact our Rates Department on (03) 5349 1100.