Disabled parking permits are moving to a central online system from May 1, 2021.
The new Accessible Parking Permit Scheme is available via accessibleparking.vic.gov.au. Current Pyrenees Shire Council permits issued prior to this date will remain valid until their original expiration date.
The new APP Scheme and online service will provide significant improvements in the administration and enforcement of disability parking.
The new APP Scheme aligns with the national Australian Disability Permit Scheme (ADPS) and provides for a consistent process and permit across Victoria.
Many improvements have been made, including:
• making sure the eligibility criteria for a permit is consistent across the state,
• allowing occupational therapists to complete assessments, in addition to GPs,
• introducing a permanent disability classification, so many will no longer have to return for reassessment,
• increasing the permit length from three years to five years for individuals,
• providing temporary permits for 6, 12 or 24 months, and
• a new single permit design to be used across the state.
For more information on the coming changes to disability parking visit vicroads.vic.gov.au/app
Applying online for Accessible Parking Permits
To apply for a permit or renew an existing permit, applicants should:
1. Start your application online at accessibleparking.vic.gov.au
2. You’ll receive an application reference number via SMS*
3. Take your reference number to your GP or occupational therapist
4. Your GP or occupational therapist will complete an online assessment and submit your application
5. Your local council will review the application
6. If your application is successful, you’ll receive your permit in the mail.
Please call Council's Customer Service Staff should you require assistance during the transition period on 1300 797 363. (1300 PYRENEES)