Preparing Your Property
Property owners are responsible for reducing the risk of fire on their properties. This can be done by:
- Cutting and maintaining grass to under 100mm during the Fire Danger Period.
- Removing leaf litter, grass clippings and fallen branches from around the home.
- Cleaning out gutters of leaf and tree litter.
- Remove old car bodies and other fire hazards from your property.
- Moving wood piles and other flammable items away from your home.
- Assessing your water supply and storage in terms of quantity and availability for fire fighting.
It is also important for you to have a fire plan for you and your family. For further information about preparing for fire, head to www.cfa.vic.gov.au.