A supported playgroup is run by a professional facilitator who implements a fun and meaningful two hour session on a weekly basis for ten weeks during the school term.
Supported playgroups give families the opportunity to:
- learn about the links between children’s learning and development through play
- have fun with your children
- support and extend on family and child interactions through play
- learn about local services
- promote parenting confidence
Supported playgroups are suitable for families/guardians and their children from birth to four years.
Would you benefit from extra ideas about how to use everyday opportunities and play experiences to enhance your child’s early learning and development?
Supported Playgroup is a great chance to share experiences and information, as well as build positive connections with other parents and children.
Sessions include play, snack/fruit time, activities, as well as music and story time.
In-home sessions are also offered as five, one-hour visits, once a fortnight.
Benefits for the in-home program for families include:
- understanding age-appropriate behaviour
- picking up on cues
- play ideas and creativity
- exploring books and reading
- parent self-care and looking after yourself
Location and times:
Beaufort Supported Playgroup
Beaufort Community Church
1-3 Park Road, Beaufort 3373
Wednesdays 10am – 12pm
Avoca Supported Playgroup
22 Liebig Street, Avoca 3467
Tuesdays 10.30am – 12.30pm
Landsborough Supported Playgroup
Landsborough Primary School
82 McKinley St, Landsborough 3384
Fridays 10am – 12pm
Starts 24 March 2023
For more information about Supported Playgroups, contact the Pyrenees Shire Council Supported Playgroup Facilitator at 1300 797 363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org