Our biannual program opens in October and January each year. You can apply for funding for:
- programs, projects and activities - up to $2,000 per grant
- equipment - up to $2,000
- minor capital works - up to $7,000
Programs, projects and activities
Funding helps increase the liveability of the Shire and community health and wellbeing.
Potential projects could be:
- Healthy eating - nutrition and cooking programs and projects.
- Social inclusion - new social groups e.g., book clubs, arts groups, or support networks.
- Active living - introductory sport programs such as ‘come and try’ sessions.
- Supporting mental health - Information or forums that support well-being issues.
- Community safety - bicycle and road safety programs.
- Culture and heritage - workshops, performances, and exhibitions.
- Arts and craft - public art projects such as exhibitions, writing workshops, drawing classes, etc.
- Climate change resilience - community tree planting/greening projects.
Applications for the development of plans and strategies are encouraged, including concept designs for capital projects and group business/event plans.
Minor capital works and equipment
You can apply for funding to complete minor capital projects at local community facilities.
Applications for equipment to support participation or volunteer recruitment are welcome.
Projects will increase access to opportunities that support inclusion, active participation and environmental sustainability. Types of projects include those that could:
- Improve local character – protect and celebrate our heritage assets.
- Support liveability – improve streetscapes through community gardens, drinking fountains, etc.
- Increase active participation - recreation and leisure equipment.
- Community safety - communication boards or asset security upgrades.
- Climate change resilience - solar systems, energy efficient lighting.
Please read the program guidelines(PDF, 846KB), which give more information on writing an application.
Applications should be completed online. Contact us on 1300 797 363 if you need a hard copy form.