A Floodway overlay applies to various areas within Pyrenees Shire.
Their purpose includes:
- To identify waterways, major floodpaths, drainage depressions and areas of high hazard which have the greatest risk and frequency of being flood affected.
- To protect water quality, waterways and wetlands as a natural resource.
- To reflect any declarations under the Water Act 1989.
- To ensure development maintains the free passage and temporary storage of floodwater and minimises flood damage.
- To ensure development is compatible with flood hazard and local drainage conditions and that soil erosion, sedimentation and silting is minimised.
Download Beaufort Local Floodplain Development Plan(PDF, 659KB)